Saturday 12 March 2016

Pregnancy story kind of

The glamorous side to pregnancy...

It doesn't exist unless you have a seven year old who thinks the whole experience is so cool. Though his patience is not much and wants baby out asap! 

I thought I did well in my first pregnancy only putting on 14kgs. I was young, fit and healthy and had nothing to worry about. I felt fantastic! Even my birth was a dream come true and not many women get to experience such a delightful first birth experience. 

This was nothing compared to my next pregnancy. I was older, felt older, tired, drained and unmotivated. I looked well but felt like shit 99% of the time. I only put on 7kgs but I put that down to losing muscle and being so nauseated that the thought of food would just turn me off it completely. I had no appetite. 
And on top of all this I was studying full time. Go me! 

I had that awful feeling the whole time that something was wrong or something was going to go wrong. But how could it? I was still young, I had an awesome birth previously, what could happen...

Trust your bodies ladies if you feel like something is up or down, go get it checked. Don't be naive. 

Baby was breech and I knew she wasn't going to turn, I knew. I felt her trying but something was stopping her. It was making me anxious. I waited till 36weeks to start to worry and until then I still had some hope she would turn although I was happy to have a vaginal breech birth. I was referred for an ultra sound to see position of baby. 

At 37weeks I was told I had a Bicornuate uterus (heart shaped). Look it up it's pretty cool and annoying! 


She was trying to turn but she couldn't because my weird shaped uterus was stopping her. Sorry babe. So ceasran was booked in. I was scared, the thought of being cut open to have a baby scared me. They also said she was super tiny and then I was really scared but I wanted her out. I was positive about having her earth side and I could help her. 

Anyway fast forward exactly a week and I was in OT having a tiny baby girl who wanted to make an earlier than planned ceasar arrival. She was perfect, tiny, bit hungry and ready for the world. 

I have two children who are so similar yet so opposite and I could not be happier. 

Pregnancy sucks at times but you really do miss it when you are at the other side.


Photo of baby girls head trying to turn/evacuate the building.  

No comments:

Post a Comment