Wednesday 30 March 2016

Happiness

This morning I read an article two people on my friends list shared. With the phrase 'love this! 😊🙌🏻'
The article was titled, Marriage isn't about your happiness. 

At first I thought, play on words? 

No. 

Apparently this self centred society is making us all question our relationships based on our happiness. 

Excuse me while I clear my throat. 

What a load of bullshit!! 

It went on to say, it's about love and sacrifice. About giving and receiving. About doing the dishes even though it's your least favourite chore. About blah blah blah. 

Sorry but if all those things are broken and you are giving, giving, giving. Sacrifices every once of your self for your relationship and the other person isn't. Then love begins to fade. 

To me love equals happiness. If there is no love then no happiness will be there. 

It really breaks my heart that women and men stay together for such a long time based in the fact they have to work it out for love. Instead of standing up for yourself and saying, hey this isn't working in not happy, I'm falling out of love with you. 

That is ok. No one is perfect. 

We are taught to love ourselves before we can love another. Which to me means I need to be happy enough in my self to love it with all I have. Happy with where I am in life and how I got here. Who I am and what I believe. 

I often tell people, if you strip away everything and you are left with yourself. Are you where you want to be, can you live with that? 

Because at the end of the day, you close your eyes at night and you don't know what's around the corner. 

Happiness is a gift. Cherish it. If it makes you selfish, relish in it because it is contagious. 


No comments:

Post a Comment